Re: emacs-snapshot gone -- why?

trentbuck@gmail.com writes:

>> TWB> $ w3m -dump emacs.orebokech.com
>> TWB> As of January 2011, this site will no longer be updated.
>>
>> TWB> Can anyone tell me *why* that resource is deprecated?  I can't find any
>> TWB> explanation on this list nor or emacs-devel.
>>
>> Unacceptable. They pulled the rug out of under us!

Sure, there should be a way to force those lazy volunteers to do gratis work
for us... get back to earth man, I sure would like that ressource to
stay there forever, but if for whatever reason the volunteer behind it
is not willing or able to maintain it, all I can say is that I'm
gratefull for having done it that long.

So to Romain Francoise: Merci beaucoup !

And to Julien Danjou who took over: Merci beaucoup aussi, but an i386
version would be more than welcome :-)

>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/157389
>
> I see that post, but I can't see the parent post that you replied to
> (presumably gmane dropped it because it was too old).

gmane doesn't expire posts

--
Rémi