Re: New DFSG-compliant emacs packages

Peter Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Peter Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:
>>
>> > We do care about free software, we even treat documentation like
>> > software.  Something that the FSF doesn't even do.
>>
>> Uh, what kind of logic is that?
>>
>> "We care about children, we even treat dogs like children."
>
> Your leap of logic, while very colourful, implies that documentation
> is entirely different from software.

Code is intended to be run on a computer.  Documentation is intended
to be perused by a human.  Those are very different things, and
treating them the same is a deliberate decision.

> Since we treat both programs and documentation as "software", your
> analogy doesn't hold water.

Next you'll tell me that you can make hamburgers from eggs by putting
them through a meat grinder.

Things do not magically become the same just because you decide to
behave as if they were.