Re: New DFSG-compliant emacs packages

Le jeudi 26 octobre 2006 21:06, David Kastrup a écrit :

> It _is_ already true.  It is not possible to find anybody on either
> the Emacs or XEmacs developer lists who could understand or use the
> the Debian packaging implementation.  I tried, as AUCTeX maintainer.
> That has nothing to do with the doc/code split.  I am just saying that
> one need not consider maintainers/developers of Emacs or XEmacs based
> applications since they can't work with the Debian packaging, anyway.
> Asking on either developer list will have people tell you "I tried a
> few times, then gave up".  So active Emacs/XEmacs package developers
> are out of the loop, anyway.  The Debian packages cater to users only.

David, you keep complaining about the way Emacs is packaged in Debian.
We got that. But you never came up with solutions that would fullfil both
you and the practical benefits we've tried to offer our users through
the current implementation so far (even if you think we failed to do so).

Now, how about you describe straight how you'd see it to be implemented
and we begin constructive discussions instead, please? Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant