Re: emacs-snapshot backports

On Sat, 24 December, "intrigeri" wrote:

Hello,

I usually backport emacs-snapshot and a few related packages for my
own use. There are now in a Debian repository :

deb http://intrigeri.boum.org/deb sarge main contrib non-free

Nice, but there is an important issue: To comply with the GPL, you must
also (offer to) give access to the source code for these packages.
I cannot find any sources in your repository, nor elsewhere on your
website.  Following section 3 of the GPL, you have two possibilities:

(a) Put the sources in your repository along with the binaries, or

(b) Add in each binary package an offer to distribute the source code
    (details are in section 3b of the GPL).

Possibility (a) should be preferable both for you and for users of your
backports.

Regards.

--

Sven Joachim