From: Ralf Angeli <angeli@iwi.uni-sb.de>
Subject: [debian-emacsen] Some XEmacs issues and proposals
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:28:15 +0200
> 1) /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp in load-path (bug #309747)
>
> The load-path of Debian's XEmacs includes the directory
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.  This directory is traditionally
> used for the manual site-wide installation of GNU Emacs add-ons.
> Basically the same is true for /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp.  That means
> one could question the decision adding this directory to load-path as
> well.
> Anyway, XEmacs still picks up at least one wrong file.  So taking
> aside /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp because it is under the package
> system's control, I think at least /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
> should not be added to XEmacs' load-path in order to prevent these
> problems.  In addition the setting of `TeX-lisp-directory' in
> 00debian.el should be removed.

  O.K. I agree with you.  I'll remove these paths from
00debian.el at next revision.

> 2) xemacs-packages before site-packages (bug #151900)
>
> Debian's XEmacs is configured to search the
> /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages directory before the
> /usr/share/xemacs21/site-packages directory.  This is contradictory to
> the search order described in XEmacs' Lispref manual:
> So my proposal would be to change the order of package directories
> as described in the Lispref manual.

  This is the problem of configure option.  I'll fix this.

> 3) Info documentation
>
> Some of XEmacs' documentation is not accessible from inside of
> Debian's XEmacs.  For example `C-h C-c save-buffer RET' or similar
> does not work.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with how an
> appropriate layout of info files and directories should look like or
> what was changed in Debian which broke commands like the one above, so
> I cannot make a suggestion here.

  I think that I can fix this problem by configuring xemacs21
with --infopath=/usr/share/info/xemacs21.  By this we can add
this directory to Info-directory-list.  See #308607.

  Thanks.

----
  OHURA Makoto: ohura@debian.org(Debian Project)
                ohura@netfort.gr.jp(LILO/Netfort)
  GnuPG public key: http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~ohura/gpg.asc.txt
                    1024D/77DCE083
        fingerprint: 54F6 D1B1 2EE1 81CD 65E3  A1D3 EEA2 EFA2 77DC E083
  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~ohura/