Re: are the snapshot packages for me?

Le 4 nov 2004, Dan Jacobson s'est exprimé ainsi :

> I've just got to get this emacs-snapshot package that I've been
> hearing about. Imagine me sending rms bug reports for long fixed bugs.
> But wait,
> # apt-cache show emacs-snapshot
> Nothing.
> # apt-get install emacs-snapshot
> Package emacs-snapshot  is not  available, but is  referred to  by another
> package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source

For  the moment,  emacs-snapshot  is a  tarball  that you  have to  download
manually (some infos over there :
http://usefulinc.com/edd/notes/CVSEmacsOnDebian )

Then you have to extract the  tarball in the emacs source directory that you
have checked out from cvs and you can build the debian packages.

At the end, you can install your home build packages with dpkg -i

> I see. It is probably not for me.
> Hmmm, no gnus-snapshot here on sid either.
> Must be one of those underground packages on some non mirror, perhaps
> even in some country of ill repute.
> Well, if it means I must tamper with sources.list then it must not be
> good enough to be in debian. etc. etc.  I'll wait.

IIRC, Jérome Marant had announced that emacs-snapshot will be available as a
package soon.

Regards,
Sébastien Kirche