Re: Xemacs needs help

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:36:26PM +0100, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> Very true, I mentioned some oddies and also propose to sync with offical
>> xemacs release politics, ie stable should be 21.4.x and testing 21.5.x.
>
> I don't use xemacs, but that doesn't make much sense -- you can't choose
> different versions for stable/testing like that (and even if some override
> mechanism exists, there seems no good reason to do so in this case).  You
> just put whatever version seems a good choice into unstable, and if it's
> bug-free enough, it'll become the version in testing, and thence at some
> point the version in stable.

BTW, Miles, I have prepared a package dedicated at Emacs CVS snapshots.
What distribution do you think it would fit the best?:
- unstable
- experimental
- none of the above, a stagging area would be better

Please note that I intend to provide a debian branch from your tla
archive.

Thanks,

--
Jérôme Marant