Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

On 6 Feb 2004, Jérôme Marant uttered the following:

> Hi,

Yo,

> > I know this has surely been discussed not that far but AFAIK, no
> > announcement has been done (yet) and so forth I need informations
> > about this point.
>
> Me, guilty! :-P

No problem :=)

> > SO here is the question: what is the current emacs cvs integration
> > status in Debian (experimental) ?
> >
> > If any testing version is available, I would be happy to test it
> > here and get rid of my "daily manual upgrade" of emacs CVS ;)
> >
> > Please tell...
>
> So the whole story: during last December I created an emacs-snapshot
> package from the current debian package scheme.
> Then, I realized it would be much better to 'debhelperize' the
> package, because the sooner the better. So, I revamped half of
> the package during January.
> I'm currently in a testing phase but I can tell it is almost
> finished.

Ahhhhhhhhh ! I love the idea to have it soon here :)

> (Currently, the package scheme I modified makes it very easy
> to build a decicated package from any branch of the Emacs CVS)
>
> Then, I need to decide how to make it available, i.e.
> - either in experimental: it avoid the BTS to be flooded
> with bug reports but it is not autobuild, which means that
> the package will not be available on every architecture
> unless someone rebuild the package on them

Not that cool.

> - or in unstable: the package is autobuild but I don't like
> this idea of shipping something unsupported.

Hmm. Yeah it is a bad dilemna. Maybe you should first give it in
experimental and as the time goes along, put it in unstable.

> Then, how often shall it be uploaded to the archive?
> (packages are quite huge and my DSL upload bandwidth is
> 16kb/s).

:(

> Questions, questions ... :-P

Hard to be a Debian developer, huh ? :)

--
.o.                     | zedek (at) gnu-rox.org
..o Hacker Wonderland   |