Re: Emacsen MUA

Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@vega.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

> On December 12, 2003 at 11:51PM +0100,
> jmarant@nerim.net wrote:
>
> > > - Encoding/decoding ISO-2022-JP, ISO-8859-*, UTF-8, etc.
> > > - MIME and GPG
> >
> > Handling encodings and MIME is the least that a good MUA shall offer
> > that's why I didn't even mention it.
>
> Peter's message (recent post to this list, using MH-E) is not a
> MIME message.  It has non-ascii characters without `Content-Type:'.

True.  I didn't know it was required.  MH-E gave the message to MH
send, which gave it to postfix.  Who should be responsible for adding
the MIME header in that case?

If it's to be MH-E, I can add that somehow (search for any extented
character and add a header with encoding used in current-buffer).

Peter