Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:49:46 +0200, Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> said:

>> calc (#175399), orphaned 186 days ago Description: An advanced
>> calculator and mathematical tool for Emacs Reverse Depends:
>> riece-ndcc

>  Maybe the maintainer of riece-ndcc cares about this?

	I use this package, and am interested in adopting it, except
 that I note that Colin Walters states that:

>  I am orphaning the calc package; it is now included in the GNU Emacs
>  CVS, and will be in the coming 20.3 release.  Since I think XEmacs has
>  their own version of calc, this package will soon have little purpose in
>  life except to provide calc for Emacs 20 users, who should be switching
>  to Emacs 21 anyways.

   [I think he meant 21.3, not 20.3]

	I note, however, that we have 21.3 in unstable, and we still
 do not seem to have calc in emacs21. Does anyone know what happened?
 I note that ftp://ftp.gnu.org/poub/gnu/calc/ still contains calc
 2.02f.tar.gz from 1997.

>  I've CC'd this to the debian-emacsen list in case any Debian Emacs
>  hacker wants to adopt it.

	And I am CC'ing that list to see if anyone can shed any light
 on this issue.

	manoj
--
Term, holidays, term, holidays, till we leave school, and then work,
work, work till we die. C.S. Lewis