Re: Mew and bbdb

Hi Tats,

Thank   you   for  your   response.   I   do   contact  NOSHIRO   Shigeo
<noshiro@debian.org>  to  ask  him  if  he wanna  add  the  Chris  Beggy
patches. If  he does not  want, maybe I'll  ask the Mew upstream.  If it
fails, I'll begin to package bbdb-mew.

Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@vega.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
> On May 28, 2003 at 11:06AM +0200,
> Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>
> > Chris  Beggy[1] wrote  a lisp  program to  bind mew  and bbdb.  It's not
> > packaged, it's just five elisp files[2].
> >
> > I'd like these  files to be in Debian  and I wonder if I have  to fill a
> > ITP (or RFP) on wnnp or if these files can be included as a patch in the
> > mew or bbdb package?
>
> These files can be included by the Debian mew package if the
> Debian mew maintainer agreed.  But I feel that creating new
> package (e.g. bbdb-mew) is a natural way.
>
> > If I ITP,  do I have to ask  Chris to put the files in  a tarball format
> > and publish  it somewhere  or can  I simply download  the files,  make a
> > tarball and package it?
>
> You can make a tarball.  Of course, an official tarball is better.
>
> > Last question, Chris did not give  a name to his 'project'... Can I call
> > it mew+bbdb?
>
> How about `bbdb-mew'?  The file `bbdb-mew.el' seems to be a main
> part of this package.  It provides the `bbdb-mew' feature.
>
> > [2] http://t2100cdt.kippona.net/linux/emacs/mew/

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.