Re: debian's gnus package older than its emacs builtin gnus?

D> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> [Manoj's information on gnus package]

[...]

D> Currently, when I apt-cache show gnus, the only mention of versions
D> occurs here: Depends: ucf, emacs20 | emacs21 | xemacs20 | xemacs21,
D> fileutils (>= 4.0)

D> which, since it mentions emacs21, would lead a confusubie like me to
D> think that this standalone package would replace emacs21's gnus.

It does not seem to make sense to mention emacs21 if it doesn't install
itself over the emacs21 gnus, but I suppose it's so that emacs 21 users
can keep the gnus package installed, so that it will be automatically
upgraded when Manoj releases a newer version.  (In fact, I notice that
the version in sid is 5.9.0-0.CVS.2002.11.11.1.)

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA