Re: debian's gnus package older than its emacs builtin gnus?

Manoj> emacs 21 comes with gnus 5.9.0; and the stand alone gnus
Manoj> package version 5.8.8 does not over ride it. I do not see a bug
Manoj> here.

Dan> My goodness, you mean if I apt-get remove gnus, my gnus will
Dan> suddenly get newer...

Dan> What is the justification for a standalone package for gnus if
Dan> one need emacs to run gnus, and that emacs has a newer gnus
                                          ^^^^^
Dan> inside?

You mean emacs21.  Not emacs20, which many people (including myself
until 2 weeks ago) use.

Dan> Anyway, am I safe to apt-get remove gnus?  Will it actually
Dan> freshen my gnus?

Depends on which emacs you have.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
if (sizeof(signed) > sizeof(unsigned) + 4) { delete this; }