Re: change in Debian emacs policy: make global enabling of add-on lisp packages optional

Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:
> Oh well, maybe I am trying to solve a problem which does not exist,
> and it is not such a good idea after all. I'd been thinking about it
> for a bit, and it did seem like a good one, though. I apologise for
> troubling the members of the list.

Well I presume you wouldn't have posted if they didn't cause _some_
problem for you (otherwise you probably wouldn't have noticed that they
exist!).

It sounds like these might be better considered bugs against the
individual packages though, if they're doing unfriendly things without
being asked to.

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
  			-- Walter Hines Page