Re: Debian bug-reporting using Emacs (was: x-symbol package...)

Janusz S. Bieñ <jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> On 04 Nov 2002  Toby Speight <streapadair@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > The package is "debbugs-el"; once it's installed, use M-x debian-bug.
> > You may find the menu items useful (in particular, the Bugs menu to
> > discover if a bug is already reported, and the Debian-Bug/Help menu
> > for guidance on tags, severities, etc.).
>
> Thanks. Perhaps emacs21 package should suggest it?

I'm not sure debbugs-el qualifies.  There are _lots_ of elisp packages
in Debian.  They all `enhance' emacs by definition. The only reason that
debbugs-el might be considered for special treatment is that it
facilitates the reporting of bugs to Debian.  For the same reason, I
think the reportbug package is included in many Tasks in tasksel.

Two cents from the debian-bug.el author (although I wouldn't mind the
extra visibility of being `Suggest'ed by the emacs21 package!)

Peter