Re: XEmacs21 GNUS uses acroread as default PDF viewer

    "Jim" == Jim McCloskey <mcclosk@ling.ucsc.edu> writes:

    Jim> Acroread is available in non-free:

    Jim> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/acroread.html

However, this is still a fault in Woody, since acroread is not in
Woody. I'm also wondering if a default XEmacs installation in a Debian
release should recommend non-free software?

Wow, how wrong I was about "acroread never making it into Debian." Now
that I think about it, I guess it was the zlib security issue that
took it out of Woody, and not the license (I had confused myself that
acroread was out because it's license was like Sun's Java license).

Thanks for the information - now I can get acroread (I'm not quite a
anti non-free bigot ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal