Re: non-X interface Emacs while under X?

> Is there any way i can keep emacs trapped in my nice transparent console? ;)
>
> the X interface is very ugly and not particularly useful...
>

> Tom Hibbert
> Work: someday          Home: +649 815 1838
> Obtain my GPG Key from: http://cryptocracy.hn.org/pubkey.txt

The command line switch is -nw:

$ man emacs 2>/dev/null | col -b | grep -B1 -A4 -- -nw

       -nw     Tells  Emacs not to use its special interface to X.  If you use
               this switch when invoking Emacs from an xterm(1)  window,  dis-
               play  is  done  in  that window.  This must be the first option
               specified in the command line.

I don't know if there is anything you can put in your .emacs, sorry.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46 18 26 09 00                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  10 270 26 67                 Consulting