Re: Problem with koi8-r encodings in MULE XEmacs

On September 11, 2002 at 9:44PM +0700,
"Artem B. Ayupov" <artem@catalysis.nsk.su> wrote:

> I faced with following difficuties with xemacs (MULE 21.4.8): I can not
> normally view some documents in koi8-r encodings. Some documents I see, as I
> expect ---with russian text inside, others --- with accented latin letters.

Put `-*-coding: koi8-r;-*-' on the first line of the file, or use
`C-x RET c koi8-r RET C-x C-f filename RET' to open the file.

> If there is a documentation about questions above, please tell
> me which manual should I read.

Read "XEmacs User's Manual".  (M-x info RET d m Xemacs21 RET m
XEmacs RET s coding RET SPC SPC SPC ...)

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita