Re: [itz@speakeasy.org (Ian Zimmerman)] emacs20: X selection misbehavior

itz> Sometimes when I select a piece of text in another program (xterm
itz> or tkman or mozilla are examples, but it seems it can happen with
itz> any program) I am unable to paste the selection into emacs.
itz> Instead, doing the "yank" command in emacs always pastes emacs'
itz> last "kill".  When I do "Alt-: (x-get-selection-internal 'PRIMARY
itz> 'STRING)" the result is also emacs' last kill, even though I just
itz> selected something in xterm a second before that.  And once this
itz> happens, is seems impossible to get the right behavior in that
itz> session of emacs - the only way to set it right is to quit emacs
itz> and restart it.

Simon> Just an idea -- do you use KDE, and in particular Klipper?

No, neither KDE nor Gnome.  (nor yet anything that huge and
complicated, with the exception of Emacs of course :)

Sawfish for the WM, but IIRC it happens with wmaker too (I'll have to
test that one of these days).

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087