Re: Calc exits with the error message "Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 11>"

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:11:56 -0600
"Gary Turner" <kk5st@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:47:38 +0100, Frédéric Bothamy wrote:

[...]

> >Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 15>
>
> Same here, except window 8 (whatever that means)
>
> Error msg does not appear in console/text mode

It *can* appear for me if the window is big enough. You can see that
the window is big enough if, when you call calc, the first 2 windows
(for me, 2 windows of the *scratch* buffer) remain visible or only one
is visible. There is then either 3 windows (one *scratch* plus 2 for
calc windows) and there won't be any problem closing calc. Or there
will be 4 windows and quitting calc will result in the error
message. On a side note, I think there is a minimal height for a
buffer, so this makes sense (found it: window-min-height with default
value of 4).

> >and there is only one buffer displayed afterwards instead of 2 as
> >expected.
>
> Both buffers are displayed when running in Gnome from menu or from
> eterm.
>
> In console/text, only 1 buffer after exiting calc.

Again, this depends on your window configuration after the invocation
of the calc command.

> >I have got the same behaviour with emacs-20.7 and emacs-21.1 and there
> >is no problem if I first start calc and then split the remaining
> >buffer.
>
> Tried only with v21

I have also tried to resize the Emacs window in X mode. If it is set
smaller than the default window size, it can have no problem closing
calc, again as in console mode.

Thanks,

Fred