Re: Calc exits with the error message "Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 11>"

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:47:38 +0100, Frédéric Bothamy wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a small problem with the calc package and I'd prefer to have
>the general opinion from debian-emacsen before submitting a bug with
>the package to the BTS.
>
>Here is what I do :
>
>fred@zeus:~$ emacs-21.1 -q  (from a Gnome terminal)
>C-x 2            (split the main window in 2 buffers)
>M-x calc         (launch calc session)

Done with v21.1.1

>With this last key input, Emacs beeps and the following message is
>displayed in the message buffer :
>
>Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 15>

Same here, except window 8 (whatever that means)

Error msg does not appear in console/text mode

>and there is only one buffer displayed afterwards instead of 2 as
>expected.

Both buffers are displayed when running in Gnome from menu or from
eterm.

In console/text, only 1 buffer after exiting calc.

>I have got the same behaviour with emacs-20.7 and emacs-21.1 and there
>is no problem if I first start calc and then split the remaining
>buffer.

Tried only with v21

--
gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash