Calc exits with the error message "Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 11>"

Hi all,

I have a small problem with the calc package and I'd prefer to have
the general opinion from debian-emacsen before submitting a bug with
the package to the BTS.

Here is what I do :

fred@zeus:~$ emacs-21.1 -q  (from a Gnome terminal)
C-x 2            (split the main window in 2 buffers)
M-x calc         (launch calc session)

With this last key input, Emacs beeps and the following message is
displayed in the message buffer :

Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 15>

and there is only one buffer displayed afterwards instead of 2 as
expected.

I have got the same behaviour with emacs-20.7 and emacs-21.1 and there
is no problem if I first start calc and then split the remaining
buffer.

I tried to set the variable eval-expression-debug-on-error to t to
catch the error, but this did not work.

Am I missing something obvious or not ?

TIA,

Fred

fred@zeus:~$ dpkg -l calc emacs20 emacs21 emacsen-common dpkg libc6 libjpeg62 liblockfile1 libncurses5 libpng2 libtiff3g xaw3dg xlibs zlib1g
||/ Nom            Version        Description
ii  calc           2.02f-8        An advanced calculator and mathematical tool
ii  emacs20        20.7-10.1      The GNU Emacs editor.
ii  emacs21        21.1-7         The GNU Emacs editor.
ii  emacsen-common 1.4.15         Common facilities for all emacsen.
ii  dpkg           1.9.19         Package maintenance system for Debian
ii  libc6          2.2.5-3        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libjpeg62      6b-5           The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime li
ii  liblockfile1   1.03           NFS-safe locking library, includes dotlockfi
ii  libncurses5    5.2.20020112a- Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libpng2        1.0.12-3       PNG library - runtime
ii  libtiff3g      3.5.5-6        Tag Image File Format library
ii  xaw3dg         1.5-11         Xaw3d widget set
ii  xlibs          4.1.0-14       X Window System client libraries
ii  zlib1g         1.1.4-1        compression library - runtime

fred@zeus:~$ uname -a
Linux zeus 2.4.18 #1 mar mar 19 01:21:25 CET 2002 i686 unknown