Re: It's Huntin' Season

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> > Should we change the Debian Emacs policy to allow me to put them
> > somewhere else?
>
> Emacs policy is wrong in this sense then.  Emacs policy does not replace
> Debian Policy, it enhances it.  And Debian  Policy is very clear about files
> in /etc.

I think the situation is: Emacs policy is inadvertently wrong.  Emacs
policy should be fixed.  Maintainers who are conforming to Emacs
policy should not be blamed for following the rules that they thought
they should follow.  Once the emacs policy is fixed, the packages that
use it should then be fixed.