Re: InfoDock and Hyperbole?

Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Has anyone taken a look at "InfoDock: The Incredible IDE"?  From
> the description, it sounds interesting, but I haven't yet gone to
> the trouble of looking any closer:

They've been around for a long time (I used to use hyperbole several
years ago) but suffered a big hit when the author tried to make a
business out of them.  The apps stayed GPL, but they basically
disappeared from public use in that time.  Last time I tried hyperbole
(about a year or so ago) it hadn't seen much development in some time
and desperately needed work to bring it up to date with recent emacsen
and improve its integration with stuff.

Very useful tools, but it proved easier to change the way I work to
get rid of them than to fix them to play nice with others.  Someone
packaging them should probably be prepared to become their upstream,
since I don't think the original developers have much time to devote
to them right now.

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.