Re: How to change default fon in Emacs21

On 26 Jan 2002, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:

[...]

> Third thing is, that for can't figure out what would be the right way
> to use iso8859-15 without problems when replying to mails or articles
> in iso-8859-1. For instance, if I reply to somebodys mail Gnus insists
> on making two mime-parts, one with the quotation on iso8859-1 and my
> text as iso-8859-15. There really isn't any reason for this normally.

For some values of "normally", not including the MULE ISO-2002 encoding
that tags the charset. :)

What you need is to find some package or other that provides Latin-1 and
Latin-15 unity -- that is, it collapses the two distinct parts into a
single part using a common encoding.

This *isn't* the default behavior of a MULE Emacs, even where it's
possible (like 1<=>15).  <news:gnu.emacs.sources> had some posts from
Dave Love (IIRC it was him) that did offer support for unity with the
Latin-* set under Emacs21.

> Oh, and let's see whether my surname gets to be 8bit, quoted-printable
> or utf8. I can only guess...

QP.
        Daniel

--