Re: I've uninstalled my debian xemacs packages

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> One, because I wanted to run the latest beta version.

Doesn't sid have a very recent version?

> Would it be possible to have a fake debian package, which once
> installed would allow me to download and maintain the xemacs package
> tree, yet provide the dependancies for a debian xemacs package?

Well, you could use the "equivs" package to generate a fake package
which pretended to be an XEmacs package.

Alternatively, if you know a little bit about Debian packaging, it's
not in general too hard to update a Debian package to a newer upstream
version, unless the upstream version has radical changes.