Re: File mangling in emacs20 20.7-3 corrupts Info

Jens Peter Secher <jpsecher@diku.dk> writes:

> In BTS there are several bugs filed (#93667, #101672, #103564(?),
> #108241) relating to this problem.  Since most users only install
> one emacsen, would be a good idea to abandon the renaming of info
> files?

Hm, I at least keep emacs20, emacs21, and xemacs21 around for testing
my packages.  The emacs infrastructure is IMO one of the great things
about Debian (even if it is a bit buggy).  So I don't think we should
abandon the info file renaming scheme...it just needs to be fixed :)