It came from the Goodies!

  Hello all,

  First of all thanks for your suggestions, I've got a
~/perso/debian/prospective full of bits of elisp to be considered for
inclusion in the emacs-goodies-el package.

  I spent some time in that directory though, and attentive sid
trackers will probably have seen version 3-1 of it, for which the
control file says:
,----
|  This package contains:
|  boxquote.el: quote texts in nice boxes;
|  thinks.el: quote texts in cartoon-like think bubbles;
|  bar-cursor.el: change your cursor to a bar instead of a block;
|  tld.el: explain top-level domain names;
|  services.el: perform lookups in /etc/services;
|  protocols.el: perform lookups in /etc/protocols;
|  highlight-completion.el: highlight completions in the minibuffer;
|  browse-kill-ring.el: browse, search, modify the kill ring;
|  coffee.el: now Emacs can even brew coffee;
|  twiddle.el: mode line hacks to keep you awake;
|  whitespace.el: kill the trailing blanks at end of lines;
|  silly-mail.el: generate bozotic mail headers;
|  obfusurl.el: obfuscate an URL;
|  toggle-buffer.el: fast switching between two buffers;
|  mutt-alias.el: lookup and insert the expansion of mutt mail aliases;
|  prot-buf.el: protect buffers from accidental killing.
`----

  There are obviously more to come.  I might "reject" some suggestions
though (some for which the license is not clear), or split them into
other packages.

  I already uploaded one such separated package: idl-font-lock-el.
The IDL-mode in Emacs does not fontify the (CORBA-related) OMG IDL
buffers, though it provides auto-indentation support.
idl-font-lock.el gives you all these neato colours.  This one will
also have to be manually installed into the archive, but you can get
it from <http://people.debian.org/~lolando/>.

  And more to come!

Have fun,
Roland.