Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

Hello.

TK> mailcrypt_3.5.5-2.1_all.deb
TK> * Non maintainer release.
TK> * emacsen-install modified for mule2

DGMS> please, don't move this into the Debian archive yourself.

Yes, I see.

DGMS> Send me (i.e., the mailcrypt maintainer) a detailed patch instead
DGMS> (using the BTS), and wait for me to answer.

Ok, just only one. support a "mule2" as emacsen FLAVOR.

- emacs19|emacs20)
+ emacs19|emacs20|mule2)

DGMS> When I'll do a new release myself I'll add your patch if it'll be
DGMS> worthwhile.

Thanks.

DGMS> Never ever do NMUs without having tried to contact the actual
DGMS> maintainers, and, most important, never ever do NMUs without having
DGMS> sent detailed patches to the BTS.

DGMS> If I understand it right, you've just assembled a test suite for Mule
DGMS> on Emacs 19, and have no real intention to move mailcrypt 3.5.5-2.1
DGMS> outside your directory on master; however it would have been nice on
DGMS> your part to drop me some lines about it, just in case someone files a
DGMS> bug against that NMU version using the BTS: I could have been very
DGMS> surprised to discover of a mailcrypt NMU in such a way; worst,
DGMS> sometime people fail to put appropriate version information in bug
DGMS> reports: it's very important that the maintainer knows what versions
DGMS> have been distributed out there.

DGMS> You announced that modified version on a high traffic public list like
DGMS> debian-devel, after all: chances are a number of people will install
DGMS> it on their systems.

I understood.
Sorry.

P.S.
 I've uploaded mule2 debs (without mailcrypt NMU) to master.
 I removed all test suite for Mule form  http://master.debian.org/~kitame/mule/

Regards.
--
Takuo KITAME