Re: About AlekSIS

Hi,

>I had a quick look at the features of AlekSIS. It seems like it can make a
>one-way synchronization with an LDAP directory, which means that it can
>read all the data from the LDAP, but it does not save back to it all the
>modifications, except maybe for a modified password.

AlekSIS can now sync in both directions...

> So, it seems like AlekSIS needs to be integrated with GOsa, and
>cannot replace it.

...and thus could replace GOSa at some point.

>Am I correct, or I am missing something? Because I remember from previous
>discussions that GOsa is deprecated and it is going to be replaced by
>AlekSIS.

Personally, I am working on replacing GOSa, and even LDAP in its entirety.

There are three options:

* AlekSIS + GOSa
* AlekSIS as LDAP manager
* AlekSIS without LDAP

The Debian Edu project has not made an official decision yet and has agreed to only do that after tech demos of all three scenarios are available.

-nik