Re: Editing boot options

Hi Dashamir,

thanks for testing and feedback.

[ Dashamir Hoxha, 2022-10-03 ]
> The manual says that we should press TAB in order to edit a boot menu entry
> (for example to change the default desktop):
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Bullseye/Installation#Installation_types_and_options
>
> However this doesn't work with GRUB. I have to press "e" in order to do
> this. Maybe TAB worked in an earlier version of GRUB, but not now.

This part of the bullseye manual only shows BIOS mode installation,
where TAB applies (no hint in the menu itself). The UEFI installer menu
informs one about how to edit entries. I'll add a hint anyway.

> The same with editing an iPXE boot menu entry. The manual suggests pressing
> TAB in order to change the default desktop:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Bullseye/Installation#Installation_and_booting_over_the_network_via_PXE
> But it doesn't work for me.

Yes, this part is from the previous PXELINUX setup and doesn't make sense anymore.

> Maybe the manual should be updated on these places.

I'll update both the bullseye and bookworm manuals.

Wolfgang