Re: Creating DebianSchools

Hi Nicolas,

On  Do 28 Jul 2022 14:34:31 CEST, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

Hello,

i would like to create a DebianSchools derivative of Debian with all the tools a school may need, eg. to manage the schools with SIS like opensis, RosarioSIS or zeusEdu and LMS like Moodle or chamilo plus tools to create timetables and plenty of other tools that are already packaged in yunohost

Best regards,

Nicolas

I second Dominik's position(s) on the above idea (see his mail for details that I don't need to repeat here).

Please also be careful with your derivative's name (if you finally decide going down that route though disrecommended). Using Debian as a name in products/projects distributed outside of the Debian project needs some discussion with the Debian trademark team [1], I fear, and might be rejected by them.

Greets,
Mike

[1] https://www.debian.org/trademark
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31