Re: Testing Debian Edu specific ISO images -- 2022-03-26

Hi Wolfgang, hi all,

On  Di 15 Mär 2022 11:05:50 CET, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

Since the Debian 10 ("buster") release, also official Debian Edu
specific ISO images are provided.

At release and point release days, all Debian ISO images are built and
tested, included the Edu ones; coordination happens on IRC (#debian-cd),
documentation on wiki.debian.org (account required).

In the past, I've tested the Debian Edu specific images but can't do
this for the time being; it would be nice if others could step up doing
this in the future.

It needs some knowledge about Debian Edu and a dedicated test
environment (for a complete combined server functionality test).

I can do some tests, but not over the weekend, I can schedule them for Monday.

Will that be sufficient? Do you know? Also, are the tests you did documented somewhere in more detail?

Other than simply installing a combined server from the ISO image, did you run some (smoke) tests inside the installed system? (Create LDAP users, add hosts, etc.?)

Also, where do you get the test numbers that you use in
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCD/ReleaseTesting/Bullseye_r2#Edu_images

Is anyone on the team available for ISO image testing at the release weekend itself?

Best,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31