Re: New Debian from Microsoft Store using WSL2 - Reason for project.

Hi,

> Goal is to have complete Debian EDU on inexpensive Windows laptop to carry around and maintain or learn with.
> Acer Aspire 3 is 7 years newer than the HP Netbook that has the USB installed 32 bit version.
> I liked it on the Netbook but carry the Acer laptop more often with WSL2 running familiar Linux desktops.
> The Kali flavor distribution is functional desktop from MS Store so hoping to get same with EDU.
> There is a real steep learning curve to configuring custom distribution over at WSL on Salsa.

You do not need Debian Edu to get a Debian installation with a
graphical desktop. Simply install one of the desktop packages (if you
cannot find out how, the appropriate mailing list would be
debian-users@lists.debian.org).

Debian Edu is a set of configuration packages if you want to operate a
system inside a school / computer lab network. You gain nothing from
Debian Edu if you do not want to operate a school network.

Cheers,
Nik

> Sorry if mail client was configured to promote the native OS.
> “Flex11” is another project on  Insignia (Best Buy) tablet All in One dual boot running Ubuntu hack.
> Is Ad removed enough ?

No, it is still there.

Cheers,
Nik

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. — Digitale Freiheit mit Jugend und Bildung