Re: Remote desktop client for Ubuntu

Hi,

On  Do 10 Jun 2021 09:56:50 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Roman Meier]
Some of our teachers prefer to use Windows on their laptops. They use
a "remote desktop connection" to use Debian Edu and it works nicely
for them.

We do have teachers using Linux aswell, e.g. Ubuntu. What is the
preferred tool to use Debian Edu for them?

Perhaps KRDC can suit their needs?  It contain a RDP client allowing the
same access as 'remote desktop connection' on Windows.  They can also
use ssh -X to log into the machines for terminal access with X
forwarding.  It is my preferred way, but might not be quite what they
are looking for.

Alternatively, remmina is a good RDP client under Linux.

And, if not GNOME desktop is used, then please take a look at X2Go. Works from Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Performance is much better then RDP Client + xRDP Server.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31