Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Git][debian-edu/debian-edu-config][master] 15 commits: Remove LTSP5 related tool sbin/debian-edu-ltsp

[ Holger Levsen, 2020-12-05 ]
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 10:54:14PM +0000, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > Wolfgang Schweer pushed to branch master at Debian Edu / debian-edu-config
> > c5c5c07a by Wolfgang Schweer at 2020-12-04T18:12:55+01:00
> > Add new tool sbin/debian-edu-ltsp-install
> >

> > This is suited for the re-written LTSP, it's an improved copy of
> > the up to now used script
> > 'share/debian-edu-config/tools/edu-ltsp-install' (to be
> > removed).
>
> yet the new tools copyright header doesnt include a reference like this
> nor a credit to the former author - maybe it should? or maybe not?

Well, the commit message could have been more accurate...
Hopefully, the related debian/changelog entries are a better fit.

I've added share/debian-edu-config/tools/edu-ltsp-install about a year
ago to cope with the re-written LTSP. Now, the script has been renamed
and moved to sbin/debian-edu-ltsp-install as a better suited place.

As far as usage and documentation (still to be done) is concerned, it's
just easier to refer to 'debian-edu-ltsp-install' instead of the longish
'/usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/edu-ltsp-install'.

Wolfgang