Re: pam-python/libpam-mklocaluser/debian-edu-config python3 migration.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 06:00:05PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> The debian python maintainers are trying to phase out python 2.
>
> python 2 has been granted a stay of execution as some important software requires it to build.

In Bullseye Python 2 will only be supported for build deps (using Py2 to build the
code or run tests), given that the content of what we ship in a release is trusted/known.
This doesn't extend to run time dependencies (and libpam-python depends on libpython2.7).

I'll submit updates to debian-security-support and the bullseye release notes in the next days.

Cheers,
        Moritz