Re: remove desktop-profiles?

Le lundi 18 novembre 2019, 09:31:36 CET Holger Levsen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> hello debian-desktop folks, we are pondering to remove
> src:desktop-profiles from sid and bullseye, because:
[…]

Hi Edu folks,

thank you for the notice.
I didn’t know of desktop-profiles before reading this email, so I think we’re
fine with the removal.
(I’m mostly talking for myself here, but also debian-desktop has been mostly
me for a couple of years now. ;-) If corsac or jcc have more knowledge and
want to chime in, feel free.)

Out of curiosity does (did) that package really do what the description says ?
I’m not aware of any cross-DE tweaking config and currently a substential part
of what we do with desktop-base is trying to correctly set some configuration
accross all DEs (mostly wallpapers TBH).
So if some freedesktop thing really lets us to that more easily, I’d want to
explore it.

Happy hacking !
--
Aurélien