Re: [RFR] Debian Edu / Skolelinux homepage

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 01:45:57PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> I agree with Dominik on the above. The Debian Edu landing page needs to be
> attractive to the given target groups.

I agree with catering for that audience, but IMO
https://blends.debian.org/edu/ could become just that.

Actually to me https://blends.debian.org/edu/ has almost the same
'marketing language' as www.skolelinux.de, but the former also has
useful links to images, documentation and about the status of the
various releases.

> But for rather marketing-like purposes, I feel that the Techkids e.V.
> landing page is the more appropriate solution.

for that page to become the official Debian Edu / Skolelinux homepage I
think some technical requirements need to be met:

- sources on salsa.debian.org
- translatable

AFAIK those two features are not yet there. (Please correct me if I'm
wrong.)

Content wise I don't quite like the sponsors at the bottom of
www.skolelinux.de as it looks like these companies support Debian Edu
which at least would be total news to me.

As a minor point, I don't think www.skoleinux.org should redirect to
www.skolelinux.de, but rather vice verse.

--
tschau,
	Holger

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.