Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Git][debian-edu/debian-edu-artwork][master] debian/*.triggers: Add changes on the spacefun theme package as interest-noawait…

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 03:14:09PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Di 04 Dez 2018 22:24:51 CET, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > While adding spacefun is ok, the second change would end up in a random
> > theme set as active in case of upgrades if all d-e-a theme packages are
> > installed. The triggers had been 'incomplete' by intention.
[..]
> What should be the default behaviour of the triggers?

The newest theme (as in Debian release timeline) should win, because
that is a defined state. If someone installs an additional theme
'update-debian-edu-artwork-<theme name>' configure has to be run. (This
still needs to be documented in the manual). Upon release upgrade
the active theme persists, the new one has to be installed by intention
(already documented) and is set by default as the new active theme.

Before we had triggers the resulting active theme upon upgrades was
totally random (actually detected by piuparts, iirc). Then we had a hard
time to understand what triggers are all about and finally came up with
the solution stated above.

With the recent changes the resulting active theme is random again as
the last d-e-a theme package that is upgraded will set the last
available package in its trigger list as active, which is most probably
not what one would expect.

Wolfgang