Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Status/Buster" by DominikGeorge

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:38:08PM +0100, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:53:19AM -0000, Debian Wiki wrote:
> > The "DebianEdu/Status/Buster" page has been changed by DominikGeorge:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Buster?action=diff&rev1=61&rev2=62
>
> > +   * How to persist packages to be installed in LTSP chroot
>
> Could you please give details? What problems are you facing? Are
> packages disappearing?
>
> > +   * How to change only/default desktop used
>
> Are you talking about the desktop used for LTSP clients? This is already
> documented in the manual. Or is this about something else?

Both are about *recreating* the LTSP chroot with debian-edu-ltsp. There
are situations where one wants to simply remove the chroot and recreate
it, or where this is easier.

Also, the second is about switching the desktop - this is not exactly
what is documented in the manual, where the installation of *additional*
desktops is documented.

More or less, this is about keeping things in sync, which is still a bit
nasty. If you have a tjener and N terminal servers, you end up with
2*(N+1) APT systems to maintain. While some people might want e.g.
different computer labs to have a different set of software, others use
multiple servers just for load balancing and wish to keep them in sync.
The above is a first step towards making this easier.

I will add drafts for the sections in the next days, probably tonight,
both are very straightforward.

-nik.

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. — Digitale Freiheit mit Jugend und Bildung