Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Status/Buster" by DominikGeorge

Hi Dominik.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 02:14:05PM -0000, Debian Wiki wrote:

> + * Installation fails when network is configured manually (without
> DHCP) in the installer, even if al lsettings match the default
> settings 1:1. Having a DHCP server hand out the same settings works.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'm unable to reproduce it, though.

With a gateway configured like described here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Buster/Requirements#Internet_router
main server scenario 3 installations like explained here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Buster/Installation#Main_server_installation_scenarios
are always working for me, regardless of the ISO image used for
installation.

Could you please report details:
a) what has been the Debian Installer's error message?
b) what has been your input (IP/CIDR/netmask, gateway, nameserver) when
asked by the Debian Installer?
c) how exactly is your gateway's internal interface configuration
(esp. netmask)?

Wolfgang