Re: Need some direction with edu packages ported from ubuntu to debian

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:32:34PM +0530, Deepanshu wrote:
> I am a student working on a project for Google summer of code at Debian.
> One of the tasks is to port ubuntu edu-packages to debian.

Which project is that?  I cannot find anything about that at
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects .

> I wrote some script to do the same -
> https://github.com/docker-scripts/dev--LTSP/pull/57

This seems not to be a task in Debian.

> I need help in optimizing the packages and some directions on what should I
> do next with these packages.

That confuses me.  We do have working -edu packages, which do all the LTSP
stuff nicely, provide pre-selected sets of educational applications… why
would anyone port ubuntu-edu if we already have it ;)?

Cheers,
Nik