Re: Collecting reports from Debian Edu sprint

On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 03:39:20PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> Please, e-mail me a few sentences about what you did during the sprint.  I
> will put it together and add some notes concerning the sprint meetings we
> had, and forward everything to the sprints team and the DPL.

src:debian-edu
==============
 - Work on decoupling basic system and desktop installation:
    + review and adjust tasks files, add jfractionlab and x2goserver.
    + move packages around for several tasks.
 - Work on autopkgtest:
    + debian/tests/test-metapkgs: remove manual 'how-can-i-help' call.
    + debian/tests/control: reduce amount of DEs to test.

scr:debian-edu-config:
======================
 - Evalute new desktop-autoloader package and discuss implementation issues
   for diskless LTSP workstations.
 - Test and discuss security improvement for NFS mounts (using Kerberos).
 - Work on Cfengine configuration files (related to modular installation).
 - Adjust (d-i): share/debian-edu-config/d-i/pre-pkgsel to fix an issue
   with NetworkManager for workstations (#887861).

Installation media (#846006):
=============================
 - Share and discuss information about needed requirements for building
   Debian Edu ISOs using the official Debian mini.iso

Debian Edu manuals:
===================
 - Document modular installation approach src:debian-edu
==============
 - Work on decoupling basic system and desktop installation
    + review and adjust tasks files, add jfractionlab and x2goserver.
    + document modular installation approach on wiki.d.o
 - Work on autopkgtest
    + debian/tests/test-metapkgs: remove manual 'how-can-i-help' call.
    + debian/tests/control: reduce amount of DEs to test.

scr:debian-edu-config:
======================
 - Evalute new desktop-autoloader package and discuss implementation issues
   for diskless LTSP workstations.
 - Test and discuss security improvement for NFS mounts (using Kerberos).
 - Work on Cfengine configuration files (related to modular installation).
 - Adjust (d-i): share/debian-edu-config/d-i/pre-pkgsel to fix a NetworkManager
   issue hitting workstations (#887861).

Installation media (#846006):
=============================
 - Share and discuss information about needed requirements for building
   Debian Edu ISOs using the official Debian mini.iso

Debian Edu manuals:
 - Document modular installation approach on wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu
   Documentation/Buster/Installation.
 - Improvements to wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Buster/Architecture
   after having discussed some issues.
 - Discuss translation status and options (PO/Weblate) for French manuals.

(Most probably incomplete.)

Wolfgang