Re: [debian-edu-commits] debian-edu/ 02/06: Move kvpm from tasks/common to tasks/desktop-other

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 07:38:06PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> the sentence in brackets made me wonder whether tasks/desktop-kde would
> even be more suited or whether this maybe should be a suggests (for
> desktop-other) instead of recommended?

iirc, it had been meant as an replacement for system-config-lvm (no
longer available in Buster), gui-tool as well but w/ way less
dependencies. Shipped with education-common, this pacjḱage had been
available for all DEs.

> or is kvpm so cool that (almost) every admin will want it?

Never used it; I'd prefer the cli-tools (well documented in the manual),
but you never know...

Yes, could be de-promoted to suggests, but OTOH the dependencies are
already pulled in via other packages in desktop-other (iirc)...

Wolfgang