Bug#883468: marked as done (debian-edu-config: Please migrate to cfengine3)
Your message dated Sun, 07 Jan 2018 17:19:21 +0000
with message-id <E1eYEbR-000B0Q-Nb@fasolo.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#883468: fixed in debian-edu-config 1.944
has caused the Debian Bug report #883468,
regarding debian-edu-config: Please migrate to cfengine3
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Please migrate debian-edu-config and education-common away from
cfengine2, perhaps to cfengine3 or another system.
debian-edu-config and education-common are the only packages holding
cfengine2 in Debian. cfengine2 currently doesn't look like it's going
to survive the openssl1.0-rm transition, as I find it unlikely that
anyone is going to successfully patch it. I did the cfengine3 port, with
lots of help from upstream, who abandoned cfengine2 many (*many*)
years ago. CC: Antonio is the cfengine2 maintainer and may disagree with
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
debian-edu-config, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Holger Levsen <email@example.com> (supplier of updated debian-edu-config package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 16:59:59 +0000
Maintainer: Debian Edu Developers <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
debian-edu-config - Configuration files for Skolelinux systems
debian-edu-config (1.944) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Wolfgang Schweer ]
* Move from Cfengine2 to Cfengine3. (Closes: #883468).
- Rewrite configuration files for the Cfengine3 setup. While at it: drop
no longer needed modifications and configuration files.
- Add a tool to setup Cfengine3; this is called when the Debian Installer
runs (and also when an LTSP chroot is set up).
- Drop Cfengine2 related configuration files and tools.
* Adjust TLS related configuration issues found during testing.
- Exclude *.dat files from http -> https rewriting.
- Add wpad and wpad.intern as valid names for the server certificate.
- Remove share/man/man8/snakeoil-on-ice.8 manpage.
* Rewrite/adjust several scripts to work after the TLS/Cfengine changes.
- Rewrite wpad extract tool to be independent from KDE related files.
Now 'pactester' (package libpacparser1) is used instead of 'proxy'.
- Adjust various testsuite scripts.
* Depends: Replace cfengine2 with cfengine3 and libproxy-tools with
* Adjust d/debian-edu-config.(maintscript|manpages|postrm|lintian-overrides)
and Makefile to reflect the changes.
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Bump standards version to 4.1.3, no changes needed.
* Stop recommending ddccontrol as it's not used by testsuite/hardware since
1.927 released in May last year.
21ad1de014e32dc29fb23800490af9f8383dc308 1852 debian-edu-config_1.944.dsc
3053c58fae1aa9e25999bbc82789f7dbc12a4639 383924 debian-edu-config_1.944.tar.xz
2e6b07bee3f957821ebf8689fb522922fd4c5dea 5176 debian-edu-config_1.944_source.buildinfo
c47d096f9aa2124e431d8fb397ce74587b04574d34400a2eb620f441aa39ceb2 1852 debian-edu-config_1.944.dsc
785d1d169dc4c971d7d1c73ec96b8942b9710e253a395b965c643e034aad637d 383924 debian-edu-config_1.944.tar.xz
df3fd3e50260c2ed2a4f1035f3ca4b3332abdf49d14ee35728a212fad249142b 5176 debian-edu-config_1.944_source.buildinfo
b34f1383ca03196d65c908e2f7ada814 1852 misc optional debian-edu-config_1.944.dsc
568449cf91493b888793471bc70d221f 383924 misc optional debian-edu-config_1.944.tar.xz
a48d4e001d87351a91bfaa9f4ba68087 5176 misc optional debian-edu-config_1.944_source.buildinfo
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---