Re: About the Debian Edu Stretch Release announcement

Hi Laura,

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 08:50:52PM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Have you got an estimated date of publishing this announcement?

The intention is to release when Debian 9 gets released.

> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/announcements.git/tree/en/drafts/debian-edu-stretch-release.wml

This draft still needs review…

> Also, do you mind to clarify a bit the "Alpha Zero" name? Does it
> mean, for example, that an Alpha1 (or Beta, or ...) will be published
> soon? (And announced too, maybe?)

This name is a bit arbitrary - might as well be Beta Zero; but as there
are references in the packages debian-edu-install and debian-edu-doc
using this name it's maybe to late to change it now.

We expect to receive some feedback after this first release based on
Stretch and then release a final version, maybe in sync with the first
Debian 9 point release. And yes, the final one should be announced too.

Wolfgang