Re: Mate or KDE as default desktop for stretch? (Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Status/Stretch" by HolgerLevsen)

Hi Wolfgang, hi Holger,

On  So 04 Dez 2016 17:43:38 CET, Holger Levsen wrote:

So for the sake of continuity we might as well keep KDE as default.

/me nods. Mike will probably not like this, but we have many users and
it's easy to switch to Mate (or any other desktop) anyway.

As MATE currently only has one DD on the team (and a very very active Ubuntu Dev: Martin Wimpress), I am glad that MATE does not get too much weight in Debian nor in Debian Edu. Before MATE can be a default desktop for Debian (or D Edu), the MATE team needs more active / uploading DDs.

light+love
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31