Re: GOsa vs samba hash

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 04:46:00PM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:

> since the latest update I've done on the jessie tjener last friday
> I cannot change anymore passwords in Gosa. Gosa complains
> about the fact that it cannot create a SAMBA hash.

That's a known issue. Just remove the complete sambaHashHook item from
gosa.conf; be carefull to not delete the closing ">".

     passwordMinLength="5"
     passwordMinDiffer="2"
     passwordHook=""
-    sambaHashHook='perl -MCrypt::SmbHash -e "print join(q[:], ntlmgen %password), $/;"'

     <!-- Location definition -->
     <location name="Debian Edu"

The issue has been added to the updated manual; see:

https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/debian-edu-doc/

Wolfgang