Re: please test: Debian Edu Jessie images, ment to be "final"

Hi,

thanks a lot for your feedback, Wolfgang!

I've now renamed those .isos and removed the "~final" from the
filenames, so that we now have:

b82eea8a47f471a2ead0434279e2d3e2e66eed53  debian-edu-8+edu0-CD.iso
cffac38cca13a7e6be5888c21088fd6b57398f88  debian-edu-8+edu0-USB.iso

available for download from http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes/Jessie still needs some
more love and a proper announcement should be written now and released
in coordination with the Debian publicity team.

I'm not sure yet where to preprare that announcement - suggestions
welcome!

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:20:11AM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 06:09:39PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > Testing the CD ISO image is still work in progress, installing a
> > combi-server seems to take ages. Report will follow.
>
> This ISO image is ok as well. Tested using desktop=mate; added a pxe
> installed workstation w/ sitesummary2ldapdhcp.
> All tests like the ones reported before (USB ISO image) were ok.

great.

> I've done so using the USB ISO image: installed combi-server and
> workstation. Installation has been successful in both cases. After
> running 'debian-edu-nscd-netgroup-cache disable' on tjener the
> workstation login was ok.
>
> Also, I've tested both types of LTSP clients on both backbone and
> dedicated LTSP subnets. Logging in was ok in all cases. Expected
> behaviour for Kerberos TGT.

also great.

the g-i tests on https://jenkins.debian.net/view/edu_stable/ also look
reasonable ok.

> I've adjusted the migration script a bit to be better suited for
> upgrades and applied it on both workstation and combi-server. It works
> for me, please check.
[...]
> #!/bin/sh
> # icefire-fix.sh

can you please put this script into debian-edu-config.git in the bin
directory in the master branch?!

> After replacing http://www in LDAP with https://www and rebooting the
> workstation, firefox correctly accesses the homepage SSL secured.

is the need to do so documented somewhere?

btw, even though the debian-edu-doc package wont be upgraded in jessie
for some weeks, I think we should document installation+upgrade issues
in https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/GettingStarted
and https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/Upgrades
_and_ https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie (and probably have
the later URL mentioned in the two former ones) because we want people
to read+use the manual.

(and obviously we should try to make debian-edu-doc in jessie+edu1 to
match the packages reality then.)

--
cheers,
	Holger